Thursday, December 22, 2011

Epicurious

You know what's great about being grown up? Alcohol.

You know what's even better than alcohol? Events that are centered around alcohol!

No, I do not have a problem. So don't judge me.

Anyway. Living 20 minutes from a large, diverse and culturally exciting city definitely has its perks once you enter a state of 'grown.' In the summer there is fest ever weekend somewhere in the city. Ove could literally eat their way though the warm months here (which is ironic since that's when everyone is 'trying' to watch what they eat.)

The cooler months are no different, it just takes a bit more effort. My favorites are the wine events. What is better than hundreds of wines paired with all sorts of edibles?! Not much to be honest.

That is until my boyfriend and I found a place that does a beer and bacon tasting. Oh. My. Goodness. Now don't get me wrong, I still prefer wine, but I can definitely appreciate a quality beer, especially when paired with various bacon flavors. Food is that much more enjoyable when someone that is passionate about what they are serving takes the time to explain what it is you are enjoying and why.

I think I am going to make it my new year's goal to attend at least two new food/beverage events a month. Expanding my pallet sounds like a delicious 'resolution' to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment