Friday, January 6, 2012

Magic foods

"Magic foods" is the greatest thing ever.

What, pray tell, is "magic foods" you ask? It is that phenomenon where you come home after a long day and there is dinner waiting for you, all wrapped up and ready to eat. 

You never realize how awesome it is until you don't have it any more. Having moved out of home for the third time now, I think I miss it even more because it is officially a thing of the past. I don't foresee myself moving back home (again) where the magic foods is located.

Part of the problem is I have minimal desire to actually cook for myself. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook and bake, but when doing do so for one, it's not the same. I like to share food, enjoy the flavors, the conversation, the experience. Otherwise, cereal, popcorn or noodles are completely acceptable when by myself.

This evening an easy meal won out over cereal: tacos. Ground chuck, seasonings, avocado, mango pear salsa and white corn tortillas. Fairly easy and extra delicious.

Tomorrow I have left over "Creamy" Lasagna from last night when Tony was here. Almost qualifies as Magic Foods, except I prepared it myself and have to reheat it myself.

Moment of silence for the loss of Magic Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment