Monday, January 2, 2012

Patience is a virtue

I don't think we emphasize patience enough to kids. Instant gratification is a delusion that we shouldn't encourage.

Granted, I don't have kids, so no one chase me down for that.

But really, this condo has been the ultimate test in patience. Not going to lie, I definitely took on more than I originally wanted to and feel incredibly overwhelmed. I have had my vision for this place since I first walked in and had the "OMG I LOVE IT!! Everything has to go." moment; that has never been the problem. The problem is waiting for everything to get done. Eventually. Not on my desired time frame. *insert twitchy, control issues here*

It has come a long way in the last 6 weeks though. My floors are done. The trim is almost done. The walls are technically done, if you ignore all the touching up I have to do because of a shit contractor. I have all my furniture. One of my two bathrooms is done, for the most part. But I am still living in my condo like it is a studio apartment with boxes of stuff everywhere. Why you ask? Mainly because I have a kitchen with no counters. We are going on the fourth time around for ordering them because they were either damaged or the wrong dimensions. There is also the matter of the one counter that is completely MIA. Frustrating is an understatement. So the second bedroom is storage. The master bedroom has construction stuff for the unfinished projects. There are "kitchen" boxes in my front room, along with broke counter tops. It's dusty chaos. So much dust. So much chaos. Did I mention the dust everywhere?

This project has been the ultimate test in patience.

So since all my patience is wrapped up in my condo, this means I have little left to allocate elsewhere. Just giving a friendly heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment